In the spirit of transparency, the Walton County School District (WCSD) will continue to update our stakeholders with COVID-19 data for the 2021-2022 school year.
We look forward to a time where these numbers read 0%, likewise is our wish for our county, state, and country. We are glad that we are able to navigate through this second year of COVID like we have with the mitigation strategies in place that allow students to be in school, employees at work, and families enjoying some sense of normalcy.
We are pleased to announce a new partnership in our efforts to help make COVID-19 testing more accessible to our students and employees, allowing students a speedy return if quarantined due to possible exposure and families immediate information and results. Beginning immediately, COVID-19 testing will be offered through Stone Clinical Laboratories. The tests are conducted by clinically trained personnel who are both vaccinated and tested on a weekly basis. Those wanting testing need to pre-register at https://forms.office.com/r/RyAf0H6Yqr. Results are provided within 24 hours of testing. As always, we want children in safe schools and experiencing educational success – this new partnership ascertains this goal and our moving 4wRd!
Walton County School District COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies for the 2021-2022 School Year
- If a person is sick (students, teachers, staff, and visitors), they should stay home.
- Face covering is optional for all, including the bus.
- Hand sanitizer is available at various areas inside the school.
- Social distancing from others is encouraged as much as possible.
- Signs will be displayed to remind those in schools about social distancing, as well as the use of hand sanitizer, washing of hands, and face coverings.
- Cleaning and disinfecting school facilities/buses which are occupied by students will be done daily.
- Adequate mitigation supplies are on hand at all schools/facilities (hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, masks, etc.).
- COVID-19 vaccination is optional for all students and employees.
- COVID-19 contact tracing is occurring in all schools/facilities (2021-2022 WCSD Decision Tree for employees and students).
- At this time non-essential visitors and volunteers are not allowed to enter schools. This mitigation strategy will be revisited in the next few weeks.
*Please keep in mind that although COVID positive cases may represent a student or staff member within the WCSD, it does not necessarily indicate that the virus originated within the WCSD. It is also important to note that a portion of the positive cases involve individuals who may have never entered the school setting while sick due to proper quarantining.
The link below is to the district page post.