VPK Flyer information
Early Learning Coalition VPK Information for 2023-2024
Step 1. Apply On-Line
Children are eligible for the VPK program if they are 4 years old on or before 09/01/23 (their date of birth must fall between 09/02/18 and 09/01/19). If a child’s fourth birthday falls between February 2nd through September 1st in a calendar year, parents can postpone enrolling their child in VPK that year and wait until the following year when their child is 5. Children must currently reside in Florida.
Parents or legal guardians may apply for a VPK certificate for their child online starting January 1st, 2023, at the following website: https://familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com
*Due to high volume of VPK applications, please allow up to 5 business days for application review/approval*
We offer 2 kiosks in our Shalimar Office to our parents during normal business hours.
You may also apply for a VPK reenrollment online at the website listed above.
SHALIMAR OFFICE Monday-Thursday 7:30am - 5:00pm 1130 N Eglin Parkway Shalimar, FL 32579 (850) 833-3627 [email protected]
Parents/guardians MUST provide ONE document from EACH of the two categories below
to be issued a certificate for their child:
1. PROOF OF CHILD’S DATE OF BIRTH · Official birth certificate or record (The Souvenir Certificate issued by the hospital is not acceptable) · A current Florida shot/immunization record indicating the date of birth signed by a public health officer or licensed practicing physician (issued at the Health Dept.) · A Valid passport · A Valid dependent ID card
2. PROOF OF FLORIDA RESIDENCY · Valid Florida driver’s license or Florida Identification card with current physical address (P.O. Boxes are not acceptable) · Utility bill with name and current physical address (May not be older than 12 months. May not be bank statements or cell phone/credit card bills/insurance) · Pay stub with name and current physical address (May not be older than 12 months) · Property tax assessment showing homestead exemption · Current residential lease with name, current address and Landlord’s and parent’s signatures · Military orders (Military PCS to Florida must be within the past 12 months) · The ELC Proof of Residency Form (must be notarized)
Step 2. Required Registration Documents
Please print out your Certificate of Eligibility and the documents listed below. Students must be registered at the school you wish to attend. Your application packet must have ALL documents present for placement consideration. Partial applications will not be accepted.
- Certificate of Eligibility from Early Learning Coalition of The Emerald Coast
- Child’s Birth Certificate/Passport
- Child’s Social Security Card (recommended)
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Proof of Florida residency
- Current Florida Certificate of Immunizations (Florida form DH680) Health Department
- Current Florida School Entry Physical (no less than 1 year from date of entry)
WISE Center Mossy Head School Paxton School Freeport Elementary Bay School
850-892-1111 850-892-1290 850-892-1230 850-892-1211 850-622-5051