Innovative Learning Digital Academy (ILDA) Overview
Innovative Learning Digital Academy (virtually at home with enrollment in your current school; synchronized interaction with an instructor and peers five days a week)
WCSD students will have an option of attending their enrolled school as an Innovative Learning Digital Academy (ILDA) student. This option is for students in grades K-12 who wish to continue their education full-time through an innovative learning environment but still maintain their connection to their enrolled school. Every Walton County District School will have their own Innovative Learning Digital Academy that is unique to that school community. A student’s learning and instruction will take place online with teachers from their school via web conferencing technology. This option provides a learning model that reflects the district’s commitment to providing students with high-quality instructional experiences with synchronized real-time interaction with teachers each school day for every class with a built-in lunch break. All core subjects will be available; however, because not all electives can be provided through an online environment, elective offerings are limited.
Students’ success in our Innovative Learning Digital Academy is dependent on both the student and parent’s investment in this learning environment. Parents who elect to have their child participate in this option agree to monitor academic progress and coursework. Parent and student responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor student progress and contact the teacher(s) with any concerns
- Ensure student keeps pace within his/her courses and completes all assignments as assigned
- Ensure student’s daily participation in classes and adherence to the daily class schedule
Students will have scheduled synchronous (live web conferencing instruction) class meetings, digital resources and assignments, all replicating the standard school day bell schedule virtually.
Please visit our district ILDA website and the WALTON COUNTY INSTRUCTIONAL INNOVATIVE REOPENING PLAN SUMMARY CHART for additional information related to ILDA. https://www.walton.k12.fl.us/Innovative-Learning-Digital-Academy
What to Expect from Innovative Learning Digital Academy
- Students are learning from their own home and will need access to the internet and a computer. Internet access is required.
- Live instruction is provided remotely, and students will have access to their assigned teacher(s) during the regular school day hours, five days a week for structured distance learning.
- Elementary students can expect daily lessons with live interactions via web conferencing with a built-in lunch break.
- Secondary students can expect daily web conferencing interactions for every academic period with a built-in lunch break.
- Attendance will be taken daily in each period for secondary and each day for elementary.
- Please ensure all student contact information is up to date.
Additional Supports for Students and Families
- Access to a library of tutorials, trouble-shooting, and instructional resource(s) tech support
- Tips and strategies to support students learning off campus
While many courses will be available through ILDA, some courses will only be offered through the traditional option or through Walton Virtual School.
Please note that ALL of our students will follow Walton County School Board approved policies and procedures for their school of enrollment, including those located in the Walton County Student Progression Plan and the Walton County Student Code of Conduct.